*This Baby Shower Post is revamped and featuring My Baby’s Heart Beat Bear from the original one made last Summer. I updated and added another great gift.*
We went to a baby shower last weekend and it got me thinking of so much.
The amount of products that come to the market seems endless. Now that my son is four so many products have come out that we didn’t have access to or knew about the first time around. I have a better idea of things I do want for the next baby. When that time comes.
I will say I was so grateful for my first baby shower. We rented out a hall and had a huge party. My husband and I got over six months worth of diapers and the other essentials. We were set for a while. I’m sure we won’t get that lucky so knowing exactly what you need is definitely what you need.
One thing I suggest is purchasing from the registry. Normally stores leave them active for about a year. That way you will know what else you need after the baby. Plus you won’t get duplicate items. I got the same bouncer 3x at my shower. At almost 8.5 months you don’t really want to be exchanging items.
We’re heading out to a baby shower tomorrow and picking out a gift from the registry was easy. You can never be fully prepared with everything you need but for the most part you want the essentials. It’s the easiest way to buy a gift.
This post contains affiliate links and referral codes. If you shop from my blog, I may be compensated for clicks or purchases that you make. Read my disclaimer page for more information.
One thing if you are pregnant you NEED to start a registry on create a registry on Amazon
Here’s some new and old items I suggest when shopping for a new baby.
- My Baby’s Heart Beat Bear: Like many moms, you want to cherish parts of your pregnancy forever. With My Baby Heart Beat you can do that by recording your baby’s heartbeat and put into a bear/stuffed animal. All you need is to download their app so you are able to record the heartbeat. Plus once they get older they are able to hear it as well. They also offer gender reveal kits. This is such an amazing gift to give any parent.
- Dockatot: A portable sleeper you can honestly take anywhere. You can even keep it in the crib with you if you really wanted to. I wish I knew about these when A was smaller. He and I would’ve loved them. Definitely a must for the next one.
- Humidifier: These are golden. Not only for baby but for mama too. I loved using this for myself and A. Even now. Cool mist is the way to go.
- Rocking Bassinet: Not like the other bassinets you normally would see around. This one is so portable and you can move it anywhere. The best part is, it rocks which is what you need for a new baby.
- Fisher Price Bath: These are the best baths around. For my shower, I received one as a gift with bath essentials which lasts just about a year. You can’t go wrong.
- Infantino Baby Carrier: This carrier is more natural based so your baby feels as close to you as possible.
- Baby Trend EZ Ride: I had a similar one and loved it. Having the ease of the three wheels instead of being on all four wheels. Plus if your a jogger or are in a mommy group that exercises these totally work out.
- Digital Baby Monitor: These are the best. When you can actually can see them from afar. It makes things so much better. Instead of walking in on them during naptime thinking they are awake when they are just moving around. Mom fail I know.
- SwaddleMe Sleeper: We co-slept. A was such a cranky baby so it was something we just did. This would’ve come in handy if we would’ve had.
- Burp Cloths: You honestly can’t live without these during the first year. In between the spit up, throw up, feedings and more.
- Pampers: Always the best essential for any mama to be.
- Diaper Back Pack: Having something both mom and dad can wear is important. This is one of my faves.
- Cloth Diapers: If you’re one that dislikes using disposable diapers THESEare great ones.
- Bottle Sterilizer: We loved using this. Plus its so affordable.
- Tommee Tippee Natural Based Bottles: I was unable to breastfeed so we had to bottle feed instead. These worked the best. They also sell based on baby’s age as well.
- Graco Forever Carseat: I love how they make these carseats. From newborn until toddler seats. You’ll literally have it forever.