This isn’t your normal fashion/mommy post. It’s time to celebrate.
Since Thrifty Haute Mom is so new I have been awarded The Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is offered to newer bloggers. No matter what niche. The award gets nominated by other bloggers who feel inspired and think the blog they are nominating has great potential and hopeful success. THM was nominated by the ever so sweet mama Kristen over at Up North Mama.
I was stuck in a niche rut. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to focus on. Almost like, a college student pressed for time to make a decision on their major. Finally after input of other mommy bloggers and even fashion bloggers. I decided to merge fashion, mommy and life. Since I am always on a budget. I decided to focus on finding styles (beauty, fashion and lifestyle) based on mommy’s all around on a budget. Also, including tidbits from my own motherhood tales wouldn’t be so off topic. I’m glad I finally found my passion and niche.
Anywho. By nominating this blog Kristen asked me to answer an 11 part q & a about myself.
1. Who is your biggest inspiration? My mom is my inspiration. Growing up she worked a job she disliked for years just to support her family/children. When we got older she was able to pursue school and start her career. Now she loves it and has never looked back. Yes she would be hard at times but that’s what parenting is. I understand that more. My son is only three but get it more. I’m taking a lesson from her.
2. Why did you start your blog? I did an internship just about two years ago for a company called Crock Pot Moms. It was amazing and interesting. Plus many people don’t depict a blog to be a business even though it really is. That is my goal. To turn my own blog into a business. Even though I was never able to pursue the fashion industry due to life events. Having a child and the crazy hours. Writing about it and inspiring other women suits me so well. I know this blog will help me reach the success it needs to. Only time will tell. Honestly if I knew about blogging sooner than one year ago I would have starting blogging back during my pregnancy. Especially, when I suffered PPD (post partum depression) when my son was three months old.
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Dominican Republic. My husband and I normally make it a family trip every time we go there. This year were going to Disney World with our son. SO we are hoping next year we can make it to the Nickeldeon Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? I am very noise sensitive. So when there are multiple medias on at the same time, I nearly lose my mind. (People watching videos on their phone while the tv sound is on… Having both a radio and TV going at the same time…)
5. If you could have your own version of Groundhog Day, what day in your life would you repeat? So cliche but my wedding day. I recently got married back in March. It went by way to fast. If I could just repeat that day at least 1 more time that would be great.
6. What’s does your morning routine look like? This past summer. My son stayed home with me. So we would wake up by 8am. Have breakfast. Watch Sesame Street or Dinosaur Train (he’s obsessed with dinosaurs) Look up content for blog. Sit poolside in between 10:30-12:30pm. Just in time for lunch.
7. What is your favorite beauty product? This past Summer I opted for the Sephora Play subscription box. They had a sample of Becca’s Backlight Priming Filter. It cost about $40 but the bottle is huge and the product is WOW. Since I have light skin this product gives me such a glow. I was hooked.
8. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring 3 items, what 3 things would you bring with you? My cellphone or tablet, pillow and blanket (just in case it gets cool at night).
9. What are the top 3 songs on your playlist? Right now I’ve been listening to “Mayday” by Cam, “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” – sung by Miley, and “Record Year” by Eric Church.
10. What are the 5 most loved items in your closet this season?
- Black peplum dress – Absolute staple (here)
- Stripes – One of my favorite trends this fall! (here and here).
- Military Vest – Always a favorite for me – paired perfectly with s striped dress (here and here)
- Plaid shirts (with a vest) – (here)
- Boots (Sorels and Wellies) (I want the Sorels, don’t have those quite yet!)
11. Coffee or Tea? – Tea. Coffee never keeps me up.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- My two closest friends have been friends since before Kindergarten
- I love Twins baseball
- I’m deathly afraid of fish (I don’t eat anything that comes out of water)
- In 2010 I completed my Master’s Degree in education but have never applied for a job to teach school
- I’ve worked for the same company for 17 years
- I don’t like animals
- I wish I would have gone to interior design school. I’m obsessed with design
- I love doing laundry
- I don’t like movies
- We do Sunday dinner every week with Adam’s family. It’s one of my favorite things.
- I absolutely love going to town festivals.
While the Liebster is for “new” bloggers, these are some of my favorite and blogs that are new to me So while you may have more than 200 followers, I just wanted to spread the love to a few of my new favorites. Go read their blogs, sign up for the newsletters… find them on social media and let others know about how awesome they are!
- Sarah at Lovely Wilted Roses
- Catherine from Ten Thousand Hour Mama
- Jalisa over at Thrifty Haute Mom
- Kayla at DesignsByKayla
- Anali at The Nueva Latina
- Lisa at Virgina Beach Bootcamps
Here are your 11 questions:
- If money weren’t an issue, what would your ideal job be?
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
- What is the greatest piece of advice ever given to you?
- Who is your Doppelganger?
- If you had 24 hours left to live what would you do with it?
- What are your must haves for this fall season in your wardrobe?
- Who is your design/fashion/mom inspiration?
- What motivates you?
- If you could have someone do 1 chore for you for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Would you ever live in a Tiny house? why/why not?
- If you could meet a musical icon, who would it be? Selena. She was an inspiration especially to the Hispanic culture. Her passing
Alright ladies! That’s it…you’re up! The Rules of the Liebster Awards are as follows:
- Mention who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (So I don’t know about this one for ya’ll, but I think it’s fine to answer them anyway )
- List these rules in your post
- HAVE FUN!!
Can’t wait to read all of your posts!! I am so excited to get to know all of you a little better!
Thanks again Kristen at Up North Mama for nominating me!