First trimester + pregnancy must haves you need
Hi friends! These past couple of weeks have become a blur so far with everything going on. We’re officially about to hit the second trimester. You can checkout our pregnancy announcement on INSTAGRAM! We are over the moon. This pregnancy has been different especially when it came to the first trimester. Knowing what you actually need during pregnancy is important. But when it comes to your second pregnancy things seem more clear on what you really need. These first trimester must haves are coming from a mom who will soon have two children.
A few things about this first trimester
- I’ve only thrown up once but I’m pretty sure it was due to acid reflux
- The bloat is finally going down. At 7 weeks I literally looked 6 months pregnant. I still have a little bump which will start to get bigger.
- Maternity leggings are my go to. These ones from Walmart are great if you’re on a budget since they come in a 2 pack for under $20!
- The flatulence is real. Something I didn’t have with A.
- Some days I don’t feel pregnant but others I totally feel it when I get winded.
- I literally eat everything.
First thing is first. When I went to my first appointment at 6 weeks I literally asked if anything is wrong. I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t sick? Especially since my pregnancy was a loss and I stopped getting sick once that pregnancy passed. The NP said to count my blessings especially with how bad things got my last pregnancy.
No food aversions aside from the smell of food simmering in the evening.
My insomnia has been bad this pregnancy. From week 9 and on. Literally up at 2:30 am everyday. I started using Unisom which is safe to take during pregnancy for sleep and you can use it for nausea.
Cravings I’m currently having the 1st trimester
Ramen Noodles (probably not the best for you), pizza, pears, pineapples (any fruit really) anything sweet and sour plus jolly ranchers. Finally found a big bag on AMAZON
First Trimester Pregnancy Must Haves
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can also click each button below the image.
Morning Sickness Relief!
Ginger Ale: Definitely a must have if you have any type of nausea or morning sickness.
Wellness products I’ve used
Hand sanitizer: Since they’re out of stock almost everywhere grabbing some alcohol, aloe vera gel and essential oils is your best bet right now.