A is six years old + why we decided to have a low key birthday party
A Is Six Years Old
A is officially six years old 🎂! Every year A’s last day of school always falls on his birthday. So we always have such a great last day.
Year 5 has been such a whirlwind of change so now that A is six years old we can finally just chill. As a parent of an ADHDer, it can be hard. In between making friends, being around other moms (a lot just don’t get it at times) moving and more. First off I can’t believe this rainbow baby of mine is officially not a toddler. It makes me sad. From having an early missed miscarriage to conceiving him soon after it felt like forever when it came to him being born. At the same time; I must admit the conversations between us are silly and the being able to go on errands without having to lug around a car seat is pretty awesome. Plus you not having the feeling of being isolated while a home is amazing.
In between his ultimate love for dinosaurs , his obsession with fruit snacks (like any other mom would say) breaking his ankle on his school field trip to Davis Farmland This kid is one of kind. Year 6 will be filled with excitement, starting extracurricular activities to having a fresh start to the new school year as a first grader. Plus he gets to hang out all Summer long. To all the moms out there even when they turn 21 you still see them as that newborn. I never understood this until having my own. I hope this Summer is a blast for you and your kiddos.
Since A had such a transition and our yard hasn’t even been touched yet we opted to have a more non-traditional birthday. Just like year 3 when we visited The Dinosaur Place in CT. We had a small cake with close family and as soon as his ankle is fully healed we will be staying the weekend in New Hampshire and heading to Whales Tale Waterpark .
For his birthday he did request for more dinosaurs and to have this Jurassic Dinosaur cake. Which was fabulous! It was the cutest and amazing.
I’ve always been about providing an experience than materialistic items for the most part. One thing we’ve been doing the last couple years is give A an experience once a year.
10 Experiences You Should Offer Your Children Instead Of A Big Birthday Celebration
- Every February we always take our annual family vacation on is Royal Caribbean Cruise Line every year. 2020 will be A‘s third cruise.
- We did get him a surprise present for the Jurassic World Live Show coming to Boston next year.
- Take them to a waterpark like an indoor waterpark like Great Wolf Lodge or an outdoor-themed park like Water Country
- A Weekend Getaway. We loved visiting A Dinosaur Place in Connecticut.
- Visit an amusement park like Six Flags or Canobie Lake Park
- A cruise on Disney Cruise Line
- Visit Disney World
- A Zoo Day
- Visit the farm. Davis Farmland offers birthday parties at their locations.
- Find a new place you have never been to visit.