30 personal goals I want to accomplish now (It’s my birthday)
I’m 30 years old today! So here are 30 personal goals!
The happiest of birthdays to me… What’s scarier 20 or 30? I’m a late Millennial so I’m in that era between the barely internet age, internet age and the stupid internet age ( where they can’t look up simple things). They always say your years of your 30’s are magical even if you did have a blast during your 20’s. Have you ever thought about your personal goals before you turn 30?
To turn things up this week I’ll be sharing the best lineup of 30 things you need before your 30th birthday! That and don’t forget to catch me on Instagram. I’ll be giving away something special this week.
Now that I am 30 I don’t feel any different like you do once you turn 21. Another year older and wiser. But, one thing I have been thinking about is life. Once you turn a certain age you want to have accomplished certain things. Last year I wrote a blog for my 29th birthday about being a Millennial mom. That’s why this year’s birthday-themed blog post is all about 30 personal goals I want to accomplish now.
Jean Jacket | Similar Criss Cross Tee
30 personal goals I want to accomplish now
Personal Goals – Me
1. Drink more water. Like at least 8 glasses a day. I have a stainless tumbler I love but I want to get an on the go water bottle.
2. Making sure I stick to some sort of self-care routine. No matter if it’s catching up on my latest Netflix shows, face masks or even yoga. Sticking to something that makes you happy in the long run.
Personal Goals – Home
3. Be more organized. I have a calendar but I want to get rid of some of the clutter. We moved earlier this year and I still feel like things could be less cluttered.
4. Cooking more at home and with my Instant Pot
Personal Goals – Money
5. Really start paying off my student loans: I’ve only been paying the minimum amount. This year I want to shave a big chunk off of this big balance. The irony of college.
6. Pay for my next car in cash. With all the student loans I have, I really would dislike having another car payment.
7. Since I am self-employed starting some type of retirement fund.
8. Set up an IRA. We want to make sure my son has $$ in case he heads off to college. Alot of funds like 529 don’t attribute to trade schools or if he ventures on his own.
Personal Goals – Travels
9. Travel more than I do: Every year we do a family trip and go on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I want to travel more than that. More with my son and even some solo trips. The hubby and I did our first real solo weekend this past Summer.
10. I want to travel more domestically. Like New Orleans, California, and Utah. Plus I’ve been telling A once he hits 48 inches I will personally bring him to Universal Studios California to visit the new Jurassic World Ride. We all know how much he is obsessed with Jurassic World.
11. Book a Euro trip. Since high school, I always wanted to visit Paris, Italy Rome & Greece. My husband and I never went on a honeymoon. For our 10 year wedding anniversary, we would like to book that Greece trip.
Personal Goals – Parenting
12. Being more productive as a special needs mom. This Summer was very busy and less of a routine than normal. A wasn’t in any type of Summer program so we just winged it. That also meant work was not as productive as usual.
13. Dive more into natural-based remedies to help A’s ADHD. We will be seeing a therapist soon to help with his emotional and social aspect of the ADHD. Sometimes kids with ADHD don’t know what choices to choose when adults aren’t around which is why we ran into some issues at his new school last year.
14. Going back to mommy and me dates. Even if it is just donuts afterschool.
Personal Goals – Family
15. Mental health issues run in my husband family. This also can mean connecting sometimes can be hard. Being more present is something that is needed.
16. Planning more one on one time. Even if it is at home.
17. Even though movies are our thing I really want to start doing things out of or element. Like when we first started dating. Visit new places for date night and so on.
18. Things have gotten to be so busy. We moved back in Jan and welp I live closer to my parents and still haven’t spent as much time as I would have liked. I want to change this.
Personal Goals – Work
19. Get deeper for ya’ll when it comes to body positivity, PCOS and welp hair. Definitely getting out of my comfort zone is my goal.
20. Finally, hire an assistant: I won’t feel like such a burnout for guys if I have someone helping me out on the back end.
21. Dive more into video. I’ve done a couple of videos like my Microblading video
22. Become more present when it comes to my YouTube Channel.
23. Do fewer sponsorships. Getting paid more means you don’t have to do that many sponsored posts.
24. Secure content with one of my dream brands.
Personal Goals – Wellness/ PCOS
25. Be on track and lose another 15 pounds. Yes, I am all about body positivity. If you are comfortable in your skin then it doesn’t matter how you look. For me when my body is overcapacitated it won’t give me a cycle. I can’t get pregnant, may have a miscarriage and so on. Since last April I lost 18 pounds. If I lose another 15 I will be happy and less stressed about pregnancy.
26. Go to a yoga retreat. I started yoga this Summer. It was easier than needing a sitter to head to the gym. I’m so glad I did. It’s definitely challenged me. I had to take a break after injuring my knee but I’m so glad to get back into it again.
27. Run a 5k!: Before A I would run/jog 3-5 times a week. Then I gave birth, had PPD and it was rough. I wasn’t able to exercise during pregnancy due to being treated high risk from a missed miscarriage prior. My goal is to start low on jogging and by next Summer or the Summer after I can participate in a 5k challenge.
28. Be more present when it comes to wellness with my son.
29. My husband suffers from bipolar disorder so making it a priority to get him out to do more things.
30. Be more stronger!!
Now time to have some cake!
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR GOLDEN 30th BIRTHDAY YET? WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL GOALS FOR THIS YEAR?
Happy birthday! I love how you separated your goals into categories.
I love how you break out your goals into categories. What a great idea! I’m going to add some me, home and wellness to my goals list. Thank you for sharing!
Oh…now you’ve got ME wanting to make a list of my goals for the year. Thanks for the inspiration!
Happy Birthday! These are great goals! So many of them I have on my list as well! Thanks for the great reminders.
I love this! You’re inspiring me to make my own list 🙂 Great goals!!